A Candid Interview with Mother India

 

"এমন দেশটি কোথাও খুঁজে পাবে নাকো তুমি।"

The air I am breathing today is the same old one. But there is something new too, yes the smell of freedom. The birds on the trees are cooing, there is a sweet silence prevailing amidst the clouds, and our freedom can be heard decibles louder than the heartbeats of the leaders wading through the crowds. Today feels like a Kishore Kumar's song your father sang to you as a kid but now you only remember the faint tunes of it. 

Today is India's 77th Independence Day.

So, we have a very special guest accompanying us in this auspicious day---
our beloved Maa aka Mother India.

*throws rose petals*

Adrika: It is my privilege to interview you. Let's start with the questions. But before we dive into the topics, may I ask – how are you feeling today, Maa, seeing your daughter take an interview?

India: Oh, dear Adrika, you've touched a chord there. It's like watching my little girl put on her grown-up shoes for the first time. There's a mix of pride, nostalgia, and a hint of "where did the time go?" I'm here as a proud mother, watching not only you but all my daughters and sons, step onto the stage of curiosity, armed with a patriotic fervor. You know, it's a bit like sending a child off to school on the first day, except she's schooling me today! I can't help but have a proud tear in my eye.

Adrika: *gets all emotional* Thank you so much for your kind words. I am sensing this will be an enlightening interview!
So, starting with the questions! We know that your married life was too brutal. Would you tell us about those injustices and pain you underwent for 200 years?

India: Thank you so much, Adrika. Yes, those years were very agonizing. I was foolish to fall for the flattery of Britain. He ruthlessly bought a bloodbath. I was fortunate enough to have my dear children who fought valiantly. Their sacrifices still bleed my heart with proudness. My journey could have been more deathly if all of my children didn't unite together. It still pains me that one of my children partitioned with us and became Pakistan. Still, I wish that he gets all the success he desires to achieve.
However, I am now quite happy with all my 28 children and  8 of my adorable grandchildren.

Adrika: *chuckles softly* My next question is about your attire. Do you like wearing your dress? If given a chance, would you change it?

India: Well, I am not sure if I completely love my dress; when I see corruption staining my saffron band, gang rapes spoiling my pure white, and pollution spreading its specks of dirt in my green and sometimes when my people get blind with vengeance and hatred, destroying my chakra, I feel like the nation's laundry instructions were ignored! Um...I will never change my dress if given a chance. I still have the feeling, the hope that these stains aren't impossible to remove. I know deep down all of the people still care for their country. Also, don't we provide enough supply of Wheel, Easy, and Ghari? Huh?

Adrika(laughing hard): You have a great sense of humor, Maa. Now, my next question, as we education is vital today, so are you happy with the education of your children?

India: My children are report card full of surprises! Kerala, Delhi, Uttarakhand, and Himachal Pradesh are class toppers while Bihar has to attend remedial classes sometimes. But, hey, its not gonna be for forever, I am still discussing this with Mr. Narendra Modi. He promised to introduce schemes for her betterment.

Adrika: Well, I'm happy about that. Now, We heard many news about social divisions and discrimination. How do you think we can solve these problems?

India: Ah family squabbles! See, however hard we try, my children are too stubborn. But I am like a strict mother at dinner table-- no kaju barfi, until you finish your unity!

I'll say that many of my children have already understood the importance of treating every gender equivalently, and I believe with time, all of them will realize this. I'm still working on ways to provide security to the lives of STs, SCs, and OBCs. I have to mention that they are not helpless entirely because many reservations and schemes are undertaken for their education and prosperity.

Adrika: Indeed! Hope is something which connects all Indian's heart together. Now my final question for you, how will you encourage people to take pride on their freedom?

India: Open your heart. Shoo away the negativity, I know its hard to do that than to say. Embrace yourself as you are. Freedom is when you let go of all your insecurities and start loving yourself. Take a little time to see around the world, explore its riches- poetry, dance forms, arts and history. 

We're a cultural salad bowl, so let's dig into our roots and savor the flavors. Remember, eating your way through history is both delicious and patriotic. We've got the recipe for freedom – mix self-love, a sprinkle of positivity, and a dash of change. Tada! Happy Independence Day.

Adrika: I had fun interviewing such a wonderful woman. To all women who think you are an abomination, spread your wings and make your flaws your identity! Thank you for joining!

*all sings national anthem*

_________________________________________________________

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS 🇮🇳 🇮🇳


Ft. my brother.
 A picture from 2022 us, hehe


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna

Two Peas in a Pod

The Strange Case of Blogger Adrika's Disappearance.