Estrella

 

                                               


ESTRELLA

 “What is that, Papa?” the child asked, pointing towards the sky. It was the illuminating beauty submerged under heavy dark clouds, it was the one who protected the child; it was one which always smiled when the child was happy and sheds “crystals of despair” when the child was upset.

The child repeated his question. But the latter remained silent, and placed the child below his arms. Tears forming beneath his strong eyelashes. His gaze fixed towards that molten gold shine hidden beneath gloom. He stared towards that divine smile, which once filled his heart.


The man, who once full of pride with his strong heart, now casted off those “crystals of despair”. The child now, pulling his father’s shirt, demanding for the answer. Tiny knot formed on his mouth and struggling, the words rushed out, “Stars, my dear”.





Comments

  1. It indeed is a story with a such a powerful theme. I loved seeing my name in the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment. I am happy that you love reading it.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I read this story for the second time. You should experiment more with flash fiction. You are welcome. Thank you for your constant support for my writing.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, this means a lot to me. I am going to try out more flash fictions. Love you

      Delete
    4. I love how flash fiction is a beautiful blend of a short story and a poem.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Peas in a Pod

The Strange Case of Blogger Adrika's Disappearance.

Strange story snippets+ My reactions