Light Up like a Diya!


The colours of Diwali floats above my eyes, caressing a sublime world. These colours have such a potential, these colours have strong opinion, it can erase distress, it is capable to ignite love and happiness burning the darkness. The lights and colours blends together to welcome the enigmatic festival, Diwali. A festival which celebrates good over evil, lights over darkness, love over hatred, happiness over sadness, admiration over jealousy and a united mind over a divided one. We welcome Diwali with fresh spirits. 

The firecrackers which are burned during Diwali always are a source of fun. But is it good for Mother Earth's health? We are all aware that the answer is "NO". Now the situation which has arised, the uncertainities taking place throughout the world, does not support bursting crackers. Why can't we have fun without burning firecrackers?

I would say, it feels thousand times better without crackers, without the irritating fumes dancing with the air. Diwali brings cleanliness, but we pollute atmosphere on the festival's arrival. So, this is my earnest request to everyone reading the article "STOP BURNING CRACKERS!" Let us ignite a diya, which spreads purity. The eternal flame of diya is capable to provide the fun, it can replace crackers. It is more powerful, as it symbolises goodness in every person. So, let everyone light up like a diya!

Without sharing a poem, the article seems soul-less. So, here comes the poem, The Lantern


THE LANTERN

 

Thousand echelons of light adorns my eyes,

A glimpse of blazing sky comes into my reminiscences

Love ignites with the brightness, encircling me.

The fire catches slowly, silently…tenderly,

And visits the blues hanging around me.

It dispelled the creeps feeding on me,

And held me close, radiating the warmth.

I opened my door and greeted the serenity,

And feasted my eyes on its blessings.

It smiled mystically, tingling my lashes.

A day was gulped, new dreams created and gloom immersed.

I touched the world with it, and made lantern my intimate friend.



                                    🪔 THANK YOU!🪔

Comments

  1. I love both your article and your poem. How ignited diyas shine to illumine our spirits. Your poem shows the light of the candle burning through each movement of yours. We feel it all along. A sudden glow the warmth brings in a moment of love to last much longer. Lantern is actually the name of my school's literary magazine. Light overpowers the night's darkness. You should read Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen by Millie Florence, for it is a beautiful depiction of light and darkness. Your ability to write descriptions is really improving. I recently wrote a poem related to the lights of Diwali. If you would like, I can send it to you or post it on my blog. Happy Diwali. Although it is only a day, the diyas and lights never lose their brilliance. Above all, love is in everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shreya!
      I wrote this poem during Diwali. Yes, I will read Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen by Millie Florence soon. I would enjoy reading your poem as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Peas in a Pod

The Strange Case of Blogger Adrika's Disappearance.

Blooming Among Wildflowers